This is a message from Temple Police:
Philadelphia Police report that an armed robbery took place in a private apartment on the 1500 block of Page Street around 10 p.m. Sunday, April 29. The occupants of the house, all Temple students, were robbed at gunpoint. No injuries were reported.
One of the occupants of the house has been arrested for possession of illegal drugs with the intent to deliver. The presence of illegal drugs inside the house is believed to be related to this incident.
A suspect in the robbery was detained shortly after the incident and charges are pending. The investigation is continuing. Temple University Police are working with Philadelphia Police to add patrols in this area. If you heard or saw anything in the area, call Temple Police by dialing 1-1234 from a campus phone or 215-204-1234 from a non-campus phone.
The suspects were described initially as:
Offender 1: Black male, 18-25 yrs old, tall, thin, navy windbreaker, Nike pants with a stripe and armed with a handgun.
Offender 2: Black male, 18-25 yrs old, chubby build, black hoodie, armed with a handgun.
Offender 3: Black male, light brown shirt, white lettering, waited outside of the location and then fled on foot with the offenders.
In light of this incident, we would like to remind everyone in the Temple community:
- Lock your doors and windows.
- If you are aware of criminal activity taking place, particularly behavior involving roommates or neighbors, report it immediately to the police.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave the area and go somewhere safe.
- Use timers on lights, radios, televisions, etc. and set them to go on and off to make your home appear occupied.
- Ask a trusted friend, neighbor or your landlord to watch your home and contact police if they notice any suspicious activity while you are away.
- Close blinds or drapes to ensure that larger electronics and valuables are not visible from the outside.