Office of Strategic Marketing and Communications
Reports to Associate Director of Content Strategy
10 hours per week, $12/hour
Essential Functions of the Position
Directly assists the staff in a variety of departmental tasks, including writing, editing and posting compelling news stories and other engaging web content in a timely manner, as well as posting slideshows, videos and other content types as needed; building emails; maintaining and updating web copy and content; trafficking materials; fact checking; maintaining and updating departmental content roadmap and calendar; and responding to incoming correspondence.
- Maintains calendar.temple.edu and proofreads for style, consistency, format and voice
- Ensures content accuracy
- Writes well-constructed news stories about Temple for various media properties, including the News Center, Temple Now and Nutshell
- Proofreads as needed
- Trafficks materials as needed
- Monitors social media as needed
- Knowledge of Drupal (or another CMS) and Photoshop
- Firm grasp of grammar
- Writing skills and samples
- Thoughtful attention to detail
Must display the highest level of discretion with extremely sensitive university information and confidential data.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Maria Raha, firstname.lastname@example.org.