Temple University will be closed and on a holiday schedule effective 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21 through 6:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 26. This announcement contains important information about University operations during this holiday break.
A limited number of services and offices will remain open during the break:
- Paley Library on the Main Campus will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 but will reopen on Friday, Nov. 23 from 9a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, Nov. 24 from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 25 from noon-2 a.m.
- The TECH Center will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and will reopen at 11a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 25.
- The Student Center will close at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and reopen on Sunday, Nov. 25 from 3 p.m.-midnight.
- The Student Center bookstore will be closed from 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21 and reopen at 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 26.
- The Philadelphia Federal Credit Union will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 but will reopen on Friday, Nov. 23 from 8 a.m-5 p.m.
- All campus fitness facilities will be closed as of Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. and will resume regular operating hours on Monday, Nov 26.
- Johnson, Hardwick and Peabody Residence Halls will officially close at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and reopen on Sunday, Nov. 25 at 10 a.m. 1300, 1940, Elmira Jeffries, the Edge, Temple Towers and White Residence Halls will remain open through Thanksgiving to students that have requested a housing extension by 5 p.m. on Friday November 16, 2012.
Administration, faculty, and staff who have permission to access facilities on the Main Campus during this period and wish to do so may use the card swipe access system. Persons entering facilities in this manner are requested to call the Department of Campus Safety Services at 1-1234 to inform them of their presence in the buildings. Persons entering facilities that do not have card swipe systems must call Campus Safety Services at 1-1234 to gain admittance.
Administration, faculty and staff who wish to gain access to any building on the Ambler Campus must report to the campus police station located in Bright Hall. If you wish to access a building on the Health Science Campus that does not maintain a card swipe, please report to the Temple Police Station located at the Parkinson Pavilion, Broad and Tioga streets. If you have permission to access any building on the Health Science Campus via the card swipe access system, please call Campus Safety Services at 1-1234 and inform them of your location. TASB will remain open during the holiday, but the TASB shuttle will not operate after 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 21. Van service will resume at 6:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 26.
Please ensure your safety and the safety of others who may be in the building by refraining from propping open doors, even for a moment.
Also, please be sure to do your part for energy conservation:
- Turn off lights and unplug electrical equipment (includes appliances, televisions, stereo equipment) that will not be in use. Turn off power strips.
- If applicable, please turn heat down to 60 degrees.
- For safety and energy efficiency, please make sure all windows are closed and locked when you leave, regardless of outside temperatures. A window left open even slightly can lead to frozen and broken pipes.
- Draw blinds and close curtains.
Thank you for your cooperation and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.
-- James P. Creedon, Senior Vice President, Construction, Facilities and Operations