This is a TU Advisory from Temple Police:
Philadelphia Police and Temple University Police are investigating a robbery with a gun involving a Temple student and an employee Thursday, Jan. 3, at 5:50 p.m. outside 1426 W. Venango Street, west of the Health Sciences campus. Two males approached the student and employee demanding money. The two males fled west on Venango Street after taking money from the employee. The descriptions of the offenders are as follows:
1. African American male in his 20’s, 6 feet tall wearing a black leather jacket.
2. African American male also in his 20’s, 6 feet tall wearing a dark hoodie sweatshirt.
Temple Police have increased patrols in the area. If you see these males, do not approach them; call 911 immediately. If on campus, contact Temple Police by calling 1-1234 from a campus phone or 215-204-1234 from a non-campus phone.
In light of this incident, we would like to remind everyone in the Temple community:
- Refrain from using devices like cell phones and digital music players when walking and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Do not engage, or become engaged, in conversations with strangers.
- Avoid dark or hidden walkways and the temptation to use shortcuts and informal pathways.
- Trust your instincts — if you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave the area and go somewhere safe.
- We encourage you to take advantage of University or Health System sponsored parking in the area.