University operations during spring break
This announcement includes important information for students, faculty, and staff in preparation for the university's spring break, scheduled for Monday, February 28, through Sunday, March 6.
During spring break, no classes will be held, but the university will function as normal.
Please note, students from professional schools should refer to their respective academic calendars for specific scheduling information.
Ambler–Main Campus shuttle service will be suspended for spring break after the last regularly scheduled trip on Friday, February 25. Service will resume with the resumption of classes on Monday, March 7. FLIGHT shuttle operations will continue during spring break as per the published schedule. Visit the Shuttle Services website for detailed scheduling information for all shuttle services.
Students not leaving for spring break are encouraged to use the Walking Escort Program offered through Campus Safety Services, available daily from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. Call 8-WALK (8-9255) from a campus phone or 215-777-9255 to request a security escort.
Undergraduate residence halls will close on Saturday, Feb. 26 at 12 p.m. and will re-open on Sunday, March 6 at 10 a.m.
Students will be required to vacate their university housing assignment by 12 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26, unless they have an approved extension.
The last meal served prior to this break will be lunch on Saturday, Feb. 26. The first meal upon return from this break is dinner on Sunday, March 6.
Visit the University Housing and Residential Life website for more information and reminders before leaving.
Students leaving campus have a great opportunity to be sustainable and help conserve energy. Before leaving for break:
- discard any food in refrigerators and unplug the appliance, if possible
- if applicable, turn heat down to 60 degrees
- turn off all lights and power strips, unplug electrical equipment; and
- make sure all windows are closed and locked regardless of outside temperatures. A window left open even slightly can lead to frozen and broken pipes.
Students living off-campus and leaving for spring break, please:
- activate your security system if you have one
- ask a neighbor to watch your home and report suspicious activity
- be sure your door and window locks work properly
- check smoke detectors to make sure they are working
- suspend mail delivery (you can do this online)
- take your valuables with you
- use light timers to make your home appear occupied at night
- leave the area and call police immediately if you return home and suspect someone was inside; and
- update or create a home inventory by taking photos and listing descriptions and serial numbers of your belongings. In the event of a burglary, having a detailed inventory can help identify stolen items and make insurance claims easier to file.
Other important reminders
During spring break, some key services may run abbreviated schedules. Use the following websites for hours of operation.
- Campus Recreation
- Cherry Pantry
- Dining Services
- Employee Health Services
- Howard Gittis Student Center
- Parking Services
- Shuttle Services
- Student Faculty Center (HSC)
- Student Health Services
- TECH Center
- Tuttleman Counseling Services
- University Libraries
If you are staying in the area for spring break, please consider attending and supporting a university game or event. Visit Athletics for detailed information and to purchase tickets.
Lastly, for Temple University's most up-to-date COVID-19 information, please visit temple.edu/coronavirus.
Have a safe and enjoyable spring break!