Dear Members of the Temple Community,
We will celebrate the life and legacy of Temple University President JoAnne A. Epps later this week. She was a tremendous leader and friend, and she embodied all that is great about this institution. We can find solace in knowing that her spirit and values will continue to guide Temple University moving forward.
A viewing for the community will be held Thursday, Sept. 28, from 1 to 7 p.m. A second viewing will then be held Friday, Sept. 29, from 8 to 10 a.m. prior to the Celebration of Life ceremony, which begins promptly at 10 a.m. All events will be held at the Liacouras Center. See details on the events.
Friday’s ceremony will also be livestreamed to ensure we can reach anyone who may be unable to attend the event in person. The stream can be accessed on Sept. 29 at president.temple.edu/services-epps.
As we shared last week, all undergraduate and graduate classes at domestic campuses will be canceled on Friday. Students in the schools of Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Law and Podiatric Medicine should check with their respective schools and colleges regarding classes and clinical activities.
We also want to ensure that staff members have the opportunity to attend the viewing and ceremony. Except for those providing direct student services, administrative offices on Temple’s domestic campuses will be closed on Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The supervisors of employees providing direct student services will make scheduling decisions and notify employees of expectations. Essential employees will report to work as usual unless notified otherwise by their supervisor.
President Epps was loved and respected by many, and we are taking steps to ensure that ample parking is available on Thursday and Friday.
- On Thursday, free parking will be provided at the 15th Street Lot, Liacouras Garage and Temple Towers Lot.
- On Friday, free parking will be provided at all Main Campus parking facilities. To help reduce congestion on 15th Street, attendees should plan to utilize parking areas on the east side of Broad Street, which include the Bell Garage, Cecil B. Moore Lot, Diamond Street Lot, Montgomery Garage, Norris Street Lot, Temple Towers Lot, Tuttleman Lot and Tyler Lot.
- Also on Friday, we will be running a continuous shuttle loop that stops at each parking area and drops off/picks up at the Liacouras Center. This will ensure that attendees can quickly get to the Liacouras Center, especially if they park further away.
- Please make sure that you leave yourself plenty of time to find parking.
- Information on the locations of all of Temple’s parking lots and garages can be found here. Additionally, a university map that includes the locations of all parking areas can be found here.
- Attendees who can commute to campus via SEPTA Regional Rail are also encouraged to do so to help ensure parking is available for those who need it most.
Thank you to the entire Temple community for your continued support during this challenging time.
Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Gregory N. Mandel
Senior Vice President and Provost