Beginning Monday, August 27, Shuttle Bus service from Ambler to Main Campus will run from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The last bus departing for Main Campus will leave the Ambler bus shelter located near East Hall at 5:30 p.m. There will be no 7:35 p.m., 8:35 p.m. and 10:35 p.m. service to Main Campus.
The Shuttle Bus service from Main Campus to Ambler Campus will operate from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The last bus departing Main Campus for Ambler will leave 12th Street and Polett Walk at 6:30 p.m. There will be no 8:30 p.m., 9:15 p.m. or 11:05 p.m. service.
Please Note: There will continue to be Shuttle Bus service between the Ambler Campus and the Ambler Train Station so that students can catch the SEPTA Lansdale-Doylestown/Center City trains. This service will remain unchanged from last year. The last bus leaving Ambler Campus for the Ambler Train Station will be at 10:15 p.m. (except on Fridays when the last run will be at 4:40 p.m.). All Ambler to Main Campus and Main Campus to Ambler Campus Shuttle Bus and the Ambler Train Station Bus schedules can be found at www.temple.edu/facilities/shuttles.html.
For those who do not have ready access to an automobile, there are alternative transportation options:
- SEPTA Regional Rail: The Lansdale/Doylestown train runs several trains during the evening both to Temple Main Campus from the Ambler train station and from Temple Main Campus to the Ambler train station. The SEPTA Lansdale/Doylestown train service schedule can be accessed at www.septa.org/schedules/rail. Revised Shuttle Bus schedules and SEPTA schedules can also be obtained at the Ambler Administration Building, West Hall, and the Office of Student Life in Bright Hall.
- Student discounts: SEPTA and Temple offer several discounted ticket options for students. In order to purchase the Fall 2012 University Pass at a 10% discount, students must fill out a form and submit to the Bursar’s Office, www.temple.edu/bursar. Other discounts such as a ten trip ticket, off-peak tickets and Trail Passes are available at SEPTA.
- WageWorks (for employees): WageWorks at Temple enables full-time employees of Temple University to pay public transportation, vanpool, or parking expenses with pre-tax money. All regular, full-time employees and faculty members are eligible to participate in the commuter benefits program. For more information visit www.temple.edu/hr/departments/benefits/flexiblespending/commuter.htm or https://www.wageworks.com/home.aspx.
- Zimride: Zimride is an online ride sharing/carpooling service offered by Temple University and Zimride. The Temple community can use this service to carpool to or from the Ambler Campus. For more information go to http://zimride.temple.edu or call the Office of Sustainability at 215-204-1715 (1-1715).
- ZipCar or Philly Car Share: These two companies rent automobiles on a daily basis. Temple has an arrangement with PhillyCarShare and several cars are available on Temple’s Main Campus. For more information go to www.phillycarshare.com or www.zipcar.com. This is an option for occasional use or for a few students to carpool.
A separate e-mail address has been created for anyone who would like more information about the Shuttle Bus schedule changes — firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to keep Temple University’s tuition affordable, Temple’s base tuition for Fiscal Year 2012-13 will remain at the same level as last year. Unfortunately, contracted costs have increased in some areas and this has necessitated reductions in the non-instructional areas of the budget.
We regret any inconvenience that this decision may cause.
William E. Parshall
Executive Director, Ambler Campus