Top 10 job search tips for college students
The hiatus from classes between semesters offers university seniors a perfect opportunity to prepare for life after graduation. To help students prepare for the job hunt ahead, Temple's Career Center offers the following strategies to begin during the relative calm of winter break:
10.Be intentional – “think about it.” Reflect on your post-graduation plans: Identify your options; assess your plans and progress.
9. Recharge your resume.
8. Expand your network.
7. Refresh your interviewing skills.
6. Capitalize on social media.
5. Research potential employers.
4. Update your profile and upload your resume on the OwlNetwork, the premiere source for internship and full-time positions posted exclusively for Temple students.
3. Search and apply for jobs on the OwlNetwork
2. Strategize for the spring semester. Check out professional development workshops and Career Week events including:
- Dress 4 Success Fashion Show
- Student & Alumni Networking Night
- Federal Job Search and Application Strategies
- Career Fair
1. Believe in yourself – you can do this!
Temple students and alumni: The Career Center can help you prepare. Stop by during walk-in hours: Monday - Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., or call 215-204-7981 to schedule an individual appointment.