Carrying the Mantle for Temple Alumni
Meet the new vice president of Alumni Relations.
Joseph V. Labolito
Video Production: Gina Benigno
In May, President Neil D. Theobald named Ken Lawrence Jr., CLA ’95, the first vice president of Alumni Relations. Here, Temple shines a spotlight on Lawrence and why he loves his alma mater.
MAJOR: BA, political science, College of Liberal Arts
LAST STOP: senior vice president of government, community and public affairs at Temple
• Served as chief of staff of Temple Student Government
• Owls basketball season ticket holder since his student days
• Owls football season ticket holder since 2002
• Broad Street runner for 16 years
• Married to Jennifer Kaercher Lawrence, FOX ’94, his high school sweetheart
“Going to Temple basketball and football games as a family is just what we do.”
ON WHY HE IS AN ENGAGED ALUMNUS: “Temple has always been a part of our family traditions even before I worked here. The first song I taught my sons and nieces and nephews was the Temple fight song. Going to Temple basketball and football games as a family is just what we do. Even our treehouse has a Temple flag in it.”
To learn more about Lawrence’s vision for Temple alumni, visit news.temple.edu/lawrence.