This is a TU Advisory from Temple Police:
Temple University Police and Philadelphia Police are investigating a robbery and assault of a Temple student that occurred in the 1400 Block of West Diamond Street at approximately 10:15 a.m. today. An iPhone was taken when two unknown males struck the student in the eye then fled east on Diamond Street.
The males are described as African American in their mid- to late- teens. One male was approximately 5’8” in height with a thin build, wearing a white t-shirt and black shorts. There is no further description on the second male involved. Temple Police detectives are currently reviewing all video in the area attempting to capture footage of the suspects.
In light of this incident, we would like to remind everyone:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times and refrain from using distracting devices such as cell phones and
- headphones when walking, especially while traveling alone.
- Avoid engaging or becoming engaged in conversations with strangers.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave the area and go someplace safe.
- Never hesitate to contact Temple Police if you feel unsafe by calling 1-1234 from a campus phone or 215-204-1234 from a non-campus phone. If off campus, contact the Philadelphia Police by calling 9-1-1.
The safety of our students, faculty and staff is our number one priority. We will continue to keep you informed and share useful prevention information.