Philadelphia Police Central Detective Division is investigating a series of off-campus robberies, some of which involved Temple students, which took place between 7:45 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 30. These robberies occurred at 2020 North 15th St., 1900 West Fontain St., 1300 North Carlisle St., 900 West Montgomery Ave. and 1300 North Franklin St.
The suspects in these crimes have similar descriptions: two black males, described as 30 years of age, heights ranging from 5’5” to 5’9”, wearing either blue and red hoodies or blue and black hoodies. The suspects were armed with a gun.
Temple University Police have added additional personnel within their patrol areas.
If you see these males do not approach them and call 911 immediately. If on campus, call Temple Police by dialing 1-1234 from a campus phone or 215-204-1234 from a non-campus phone.
In light of these incidents, we would like to remind everyone in the Temple community:
- Always walk with another person or a group especially during evening and overnight hours and in isolated areas.
- Do not use distracting devices like cell phones and iPods when walking and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Do not engage, or become engaged, in conversations with strangers.
- Avoid dark or hidden walkways and the temptation to use shortcuts and informal pathways.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave the area and go somewhere safe.
- Take advantage of the Owloop and TUr Door services. The OwLoop is available from dusk to dawn for on-campus transportation, as well as TUr Door for those living just off the campus.