On Friday, Sept. 24, beginning at 4 p.m., Temple will conduct a test of TU Alert, the university’s primary emergency notification system. In the event of an emergency or disaster, TU Alert allows university officials to quickly communicate critical information via text messaging, voicemail and email to students, faculty and staff.
Why register for TU Alert?
It takes approximately four minutes to receive a TU Alert text message. Compare this to approximately 36 minutes for an e-mail and 42 minutes for a voice mail. Text messaging is the fastest way for you to receive critical information from class cancellations, campus closings, to incidents on campus.
If you have not yet signed up for TU Alert, please do so now.
- Go to http://owlnet.temple.edu and log in.
- Click on the Update Address tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on Emergency Notification on the left menu.
- Follow the instructions to fill in your information.
- When you have finished, click on Go.
Faculty and Staff:
- Log in to the TU Portal.
- Click on Staff Tools
- Under the My Profile section on the left, click TU Alert.
- Follow the instructions to fill in your information in section 1 or section 2.
- When you have finished, click on Update.
- Next, enter your AccessNet password and click on Submit.
For more information on Emergency Preparedness please visit www.temple.edu/safety/emergencypreparedness or follow the link from Temple’s home page.