Philadelphia and Temple Police are investigating the robbery of a Temple student on campus that occurred about 1:30 a.m. today in the 1200 block of Polett Walk, near the Bell Tower. The suspect was described as a black male in his late 20s or early 30s, about 6 feet tall, medium build, medium complexion, wearing dark clothing with a gray hood underneath and armed with a black handgun.
Anyone with information that could be helpful should contact Temple Police at 215-204-1234.
In light of this incident, we would like to remind everyone in the Temple community:
• Always walk with another person or a group especially during evening and overnight hours and in isolated areas.
• Do not use distracting devices like cell phones and iPods when walking and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• Do not engage, or become engaged, in conversations with strangers.
• Avoid dark or hidden walkways and the temptation to use shortcuts and informal pathways.
• Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave the area and go somewhere safe.
• Take advantage of the Owloop and TUr Door services. The Owloop is available from dusk to dawn for on-campus transportation, as well as TUr Door for those living just off the campus.
• If you need help while off campus, call the City of Philadelphia Police immediately by dialing 911. If on campus, call Temple Police by dialing 1-1234 from a campus phone or 215-204-1234 from a non-campus phone.