Temple experts can discuss this year’s NFL Draft in Philadelphia
Reporters who are seeking experts to talk about this year’s NFL Draft have many options with Temple University faculty.
The NFL Draft will come to Philadelphia from Thursday, April 27 to Saturday, April 29. With excitement building around the city, Temple University experts can discuss topics ranging from economic impact on the city to sports psychology.
Jeremy Jordan, associate professor in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
He can discuss: the economic impact of the draft on Philadelphia
- You should know: Jordan has conducted extensive research of the draft’s impact on Chicago, which hosted the event the past two years.
- Quote: “Given the number of visitors and the fact it is a multi-day event, it can be expected that the NFL Draft in Philadelphia will generate significant economic impact for the city similar to what occurred in Chicago the last two years.”
Thilo Kunkel, assistant professor in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
He can discuss: Athlete, team, and league branding and sponsorship; sport and event marketing and sponsorship
- You should know: Kunkel has published articles in leading sport management journals, presented his research at conferences around the world, and consulted athletes, teams, and sport-related brands.
- Quote: “The NFL draft event provides a great branding opportunity for the city of Philadelphia.”
Michael Sachs, professor in the College of Public Health, Department of Kinesiology
He can discuss: Sport psychology in relation to hometown athletes’ and/or the city’s psyche.
- You should know: Sachs has written or co-authored numerous books and academic articles on various topics within sport psychology. He is also a certified consultant with the Association for Applied Sport Psychology.
- Quote: “The NFL Draft is an exciting time for athletes who will finally find out where their first professional destination will be.”
Joris Drayer, associate professor in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
He can discuss: Sport marketing, event sponsorship, sport management, sport pricing and consumer behavior
- You should know: Drayer and two co-authors surveyed daily fantasy football players after the 2015-16 NFL season. Their paper, “An analysis of dispositions, gambling, and daily fantasy sport participation,” won the Best Paper Award at the 2016 Sport Marketing Association annual conference.
- Quote: “We saw evidence of people who really like sports, and are highly attached to the activity and the sport. It’s a pro-social activity.”